Hi Everyone, (BCC Weekly Update Group, which includes All Clubs and numerous club members ,School, College & University Educational Establishments, Clubs, Sports Development and School Games Officers)

Please find belowweekly update from Ivan Torpey RFU & Hampshire RDO (New Forest, Southampton & IOW) This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  Mobile 07764 960384 & Kieran Spencer RFU & Hampshire RDO (North & South East).  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  Mobile 07912541462

Would you please circulate this weekly update far and wide to your other, coaches, volunteers, referees & club members :

  1. Hampshire U18 Girls Trial:

Please find attached information regarding the forth coming Hampshire Girls U18 trial.  Clubs, Schools and Colleges are invited to nominate female players from  year 11,12 and 13 to attend the open trial that will be held on Friday 23rd and 30thOctober at Trojans FC (Stoneham Lane, Eastleigh, Hants, SO50 9HT).  Registration commencing at 18:00 and finishing no later than 21:00.  The outstanding candidates will be invited to join the Hampshire squad for the upcoming programme.

All players nominated should complete the attached pro-forma and send it to Geraint Cooper  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. If you have any questions about the trial please contact Geraint by email or phone 07969 642751

  1. Check you are on the right Music Licence http://www.ppluk.com/I-Play-Music/Businesses/How-much-does-a-licence-cost/amateur-sports-clubs/
    Historically, many amateur sports clubs did not require a licence from PPL when playing recorded music.  Following a change in law, amateur sports clubs are now, in almost all cases, required to hold a PPL licence as well as a PRS for Music licence.From 1st January 2014, PPL and PRS for Music introduced a new joint licence for eligible amateur sports clubs which is administered byPPL
    A number of rugby clubs have reported that they are still receiving invoices from PRS, due to paying PRS for a number of years, which could mean the club is not on the most cost effective tariff.  
    PPL acts as the agent for PRS for Music, issuing the new joint licence which grants amateur sports clubs the permissions needed from both organisations to play recorded music, and from PRS for Music to host live music.
    Things to check:
    The Club is on the joint amateur sports clubs tariff - http://www.ppluk.com/I-Play-Music/Businesses/How-much-does-a-licence-cost/amateur-sports-clubs/      
    The invoice received has both the PPL & PRS logos at the top right hand corner (administered by PPL not an invoice direct from PRS only).
    The Club are not being charged per TV.
    If you believe you are on the wrong tariff or would like to check, please contact PPL direct via email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by telephone: 020 7534 1070.
    For further information visit: http://www.ppluk.com/I-Play-Music/Businesses/How-much-does-a-licence-cost/amateur-sports-clubs/.
  1. World Cup:A Massive game awaits us all tomorrow.  The Nation will be behind England.  Let’s hope England & Wales make it to the Quarter Finals!


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site

EU Cookie Directive Plugin Information